Out of all the foods I eat, I probably eat chicken the most. Since I eat it so frequently, I am constantly experimenting with new recipes. Tonight I found a new favorite! It’s very easy, and absolutely delicious.
2 sandwich sized Ziplock bags
1 uncooked chicken breast
1 cup crushed pork rinds, divided
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Salt and Pepper to taste (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a small baking dish with extra virgin olive oil.
2. Crack the egg into a small bowl and beat with a fork.
3. Put a half cup of pork rind crumbs in one of the sandwich bags, add Parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
4. In the other bag, add remaining pork rind crumbs
5. Dip chicken breast in egg, coating completely.
6. Add coated chicken breast to Ziplock bag with crumbs, cheese and seasonings. Seal and shake well.
7. Remove from bag, dip in egg again, and put in second bag containing just the crumbs. Shake to coat. Remove chicken. Throw bags with remaining breadcrumbs away.
8. Place “breaded” chicken breast in glass dish and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through.
This this recipe makes one serving of “breaded” baked chicken breast.
Perfect for a night home alone!
0 carbs, 51 grams of protein!
I serve this up with a side of veggies for a complete meal.